Monday, September 17, 2012

Positive Thoughts

 You know those days when you think you've heard it all and then someone surprises you with some new absurd thought on how you should be happy that you're alive and fairly healthy....blah blah blah. Its about this time that I start to prepare for a mini vaca in Wonderland while they stand on their soapbox and tell me how it should be. Well I'm going to let you in on a few of my interpretations of the all-to-common "Positive Thoughts".

"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade."
Well, by now I could probably take on Minute Maid in lemonade sales with all the lemons I've turned into anything edible.

"Just relax and it will happen."
Do you know how long I've been relaxing for....yeah longer than it took you to remember that I probably don't care because you aren't apart of the Highly Dysfunctional Uterus Club!

"You're still so young!"
Lets revisit this topic when I'm 30 flirty and thriving with no kids and 10 cats.

"You don't want kids, they are too expensive."
Yes, I have realized this fact by now. These kids already have a running tab at my gynecologists office would you like me to start one for you too?! 

"One of these days it will be your turn."
 GGGIIIIRRRRLLLL PPPLLLEEAASSEE....its been my turn since Kim Kardashian was still dating Reggie Bush and Harry Potter was living underneath the stairs!

Oh, just think if some people could hear my thoughts! Well, I guess you can on this blog....but we won't mention that to them they might get the wrong impression of me =] Its the twisted humor of being my own form of birth control that keeps me going during these famous convos. Whether or not these happy thoughts work for me are no big matter...what keeps me going is my supportive family and all of the women around the world that can read this blog and know that they are not alone in their struggle to get prego. Like always ladies, remember that you're not the only one who cries until she laughs about her highly dysfunctional uterus =]

Sincerely,
Sister H




3 comments:

  1. My favorite is the "Well I have a friend and she did it this way and if you just do it exactly like her it will happen! maybe your stressing out about it too much and that's why its not happening?" Some people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, if I had a nickel for every time someone said, "I have a sister/inlaw/cousin/friend how went through infertility and they now have 6 six kids, it will all work out" I'd be able to afford IVF! I wasn't asking for their advice or comforting thoughts, they asked me a private question that, quite frankly, wasn't any of their business to begin with! =0

    sister K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment on my blog so I could find yours! Wishing you both the best on this journey!!

    ReplyDelete