Friday, August 31, 2012

Prego Test with a Side of Infertility

As a woman with dysfunctional lady parts I've probaby taken more prego test than the Duggan mom. Seriously, why haven't I invested in First Response yet?! I'm expecting a thank you letter from their corporate office. I think I single-handedly doubled their annual revenue. Perhaps they will send me a 'Coping With Infertility' book as a reward.

I take a pee test everytime I visit the doctor. When you were a kid the doctors gave you stickers for behaving. As you get old (24) and infertile you get prego pee tests. Sometimes I just want to scream, "Let me spare you the 3 minutes it takes you to sniff my pee and get the results back, I can tell you now that I'm NOT pregnant!" But they make you take the test anyways, and I get all excited like maybe the 10 tests I took at home were all false negative and I really am pregnant! Maybe the HCG didn't spike until just this moment and I just barely caught it ... if only. At least the prego pee tests are complimentary. Like the peanuts they give you on airplanes.

Yours Turly,
Sister K

No comments:

Post a Comment