Sunday, June 17, 2012

4 Years and Counting . . .

   Hey ya'll I guess I'm sister K! I found the love of my life about 5yrs ago; we have been happily married for about 4 1/2 yrs now. I had just barely turned 20 when I got married, I was the first of my family to get married so I thought I had all the time in the world to provide grandkids, oh how little did I knew back then . . . About six months into our marriage we decided we were ready to welcome a few little blessings in our lives. So I went of the birth control, bought a new thermometer, and started looking at baby cloths. The first year came and went (most infertility doctors will not even look at you until you've tried for at least a year). I remember thinking that any month now I would see those two little lines on the pee stick. After another year without any success, my husband had graduated from is undergrad and was accepted into a grad program in another state, his younger sister had gotten married and pregnant, one of my best friends from high school had her second child, a close cousin had just spread the news that they were expecting their second, and I was still barren.
   When we got to our new home away from home we decided it was time to see an expert. Luckily we found an infertility special that was sympathetic and helpful. He was able to diagnose me with PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). I have been on the highest dose of Metformin for the last year and we just did our first round of Clomid and are anxiously waiting for the results. ( I've also been stocking up on chocolate just in case.) So, we've been "trying" to get pregnant for about 4 years now. As my sister has put it, "But what else can we do when the only part of our body that decides to fight against us is the part we can't see or transplant!"
   I just want to post a disclaimer: I will rant, and complain and may even become a little unpleasant. But I also want to up lift all of our readers. I hope nobody takes offense to most of I say, and I hope that you will feel comfortable enough to leave a comment about your struggles and what has helped you through this difficult trial.
So whether you shed a tear of frustration or of laughter I hope you enjoyed this read!
Yours Truly,
Sister K





No comments:

Post a Comment