Friday, June 15, 2012

The Beginning

And so it all begins.....

  The Tale of Two Infertile Sisters has been in the back of my mind for a couple of months now and I finally decided its time to put this pen to paper, or so to speak. This blog is being written by two sisters that experience the ups and downs of trying, hope, and praying to get pregnant together.

The Beginning

  I'm Sister H and I have been married for a little over a year and a half. My husband and I have been trying to get prego since May of 2011. Yes, I realize this is not as long as some couples have been trying but why go it alone! We all need someone to cry, yell and complain to so why not write it for the whole world to see =] I decided that this subject is not talked about enough in our society. Many women go it alone and suffer behind closed doors. Well not me and my sister! We are coming out and saying that infertility is hard and stressful but it is also one of the best adventures of my married life. 
   I guess I should start with what I have gone through so far...well I currently have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, irregular menses as well as a bicornuate uterus. To break this down for ya'll, I have about a million cyst on both ovaries, I don't have periods naturally, I probably have not ovulated since my very first period and a heart-shaped uterus to top it all off. Now doesn't that sound fun? I currently take Metformin for the cyst, Provera for a period and clomid to ovulate. I'm pretty much a fertility clinic up in here! Let's talk a little about the clomid part, now I took this for FOUR straight months and not ONE time did I ovulate! But my husband sure did come up with some get ways to deal with uncontrollably emotional women that breaks down in tears just about anywhere and could eat a dozen cupcakes in one sitting. Lets just say that we started doing Insanity after the last round of Clomid...Metformin on the other hand is no women's best friend. It likes to tear you up, make you waste a good half hour visiting the porcelain throne while delightfully making your appetite nonexistent. Oh, the things a woman would do to bear just one child!
  The doctors visit....where's my Rocky music when I need it because infertility visits might be the closet thing to a man's physical as a women will ever get. To clarify this statement, we always go in hoping for the best and always come out with more meds prescribed and feeling extremely violated. On the bright side, I seem to leave with just a little more hope because the doctor is so great at sugarcoating the situation =] But what else can we do when the only part of our body that decides to fight against us is the part we can't see or transplant! Oh and the cost,  they must think that just because we don't have 13 kids running around searching for food that we can afford a Bentley and infertility visits as well! Well let me tell you that I already started a running tab for my kids and I expect every cent paid back once they become doctors and astronauts! Well, my post is getting long and I don't want to discuss everything in one go around so until next time! Oh and remember ladies, you're not the only one who cries until shes laughs about her highly dysfunctional uterus =]

Sincerely,
Sister H

2 comments:

  1. Have you or your sister asked your Dr.s about taking femara instead of clomid? I also have pcos and struggle to conceive. After 2 years of trying to get pregnant femara worked for me after 2 cycles I got pregnant. I know what your going through and I know its awful. My email adress is claudius_86@hotmail.com if you want more info on my situation or have questions about pcos or femara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claudia, thank you for your comment and I praise you for continuing to try for SO long! I have heard of Femara but I haven't gotten the chance to try the medicine because we have forgone the doctors visits from awhile because of the expense. It's so nice to know that after Clomid you were able to find something that worked! I would like to know a little more about your situation so I will send you an email in the next couple of hours/days. Thanks for being to willing to help a sista out =]
    Thanks again,
    Sister H

    ReplyDelete