Monday, June 18, 2012

Fertile Myrtles


My favorite topic, Fertile Myrtles!  They are everywhere and I know we all have a family member, friend, or co-worker that seems to be able to pop kids out like jelly beans. I like to call those types of woman the “Woman whose husband can just look at them seductively and they’re prego”! Well pin a rose on their nose; I wouldn’t be able to pop out an egg to fertilize if you shocked me with jumper cables.I swear they have this radar that detects those that are infertile just so they can sit down and yack about THEIR troubles. Your frame of mind as you sit and listen to these women talk/complain about all 35 of their children is quite unique. You don't envy their lack of tissue elasticity as well as your ability to not run away screaming and yelling like a mad woman or slap the woman for not sharing the baby dust with those less fortunate! I know that I am not the only woman that has thought to herself “Now what is she doing that I’m not?!” well her highly FUNTIONAL uterus must enjoy be tortured at least once a year but mine apparently loves the single life. I go back to the all-to-often-asked question “what is she doing that I’m not” almost too often to talk about those that we just don’t understand why they’re prego and we aren’t. I always wonder how I can compete with these fertile myrtles and their functional uterus's and the answer came to me one night as I was lying in bed, “I’d rather be skinny and perky than fat and saggy”! Great reasoning, right?! Yeah, it never lasts long but sometimes when I’m working out or feeling especially selfish I like to tell myself that =] Just to top the whole subject off, these fertile myrtles are always the people that tell you “it’s so easy and why aren’t you having children” well would you like to read my medical charts or hear the BS version of how I like my body too much to stretch it like a stuffed pig every other year. Oh the joys of infertility =] where would our doctors be if we weren’t there paying our soul just for them to poke around with the magic wand and then prescribe meds that make us the she-devil?! 

Well, I hope you ladies enjoy reading our journey towards, hopefully, saggy boobies and feel comfortable enough to leave a post about your own stories or suggestions for topics. Until next time, always remember you're not the only one who cries until shes laughs about her highly dysfunctional uterus =]

Sincerely, 
Sister H

No comments:

Post a Comment