Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Home Remedies For Us Hardly Unnatural Ladies

  Well ladies, the baby bug has hit and I'd do anything short of stealing a baby to conceive. So as I've been lying awake at night plotting my next after-baby-dancing handstand attack I again started to look up different ways that either help the cysts or make you more fertile (we all know I could use a little help with that!). Now, I know I'm not the only one that obsesses over any ray of hope I can find no matter where its coming from, so I thought "Hey, why not put together a list of things I've found?" So here it is, a fancy little list of possible cures to our baby woes =] Go ahead and let me know if I've missed any!

1. Handstands apparently if you manage to haul yourself up, your hubby's little swimmers have a better chance of making it to that elusive egg. 
  Warning: Make sure you do your handstand away from pictures or decor on the wall...replacing that stuff gets expensive.


2. Apple Cider Vinegar a tablespoon with 8oz of water is suppose to magically take those life sucking cysts away in a jiff according to these ladies.
  Warning: I lasted two days and I couldn't take the stomachaches.....BUT I did feel some burning in the ovary area which I hope was some cyst getting the life sucked out of it!
Info found at: http://www.livestrong.com/article/554077-can-apple-cider-vinegar-help-ovarian-cysts/


3. The Missionary Position is also supposed to help those little spermies make to the egg much faster.
  Warning: Personally, I get tried of making my hubby do all the work so this position gets old REAL fast BUT I'm sure mixing it up wouldn't hurt a normal woman's chances although I'm never one to take that kind of risk. 


4. Chasteberry as if I don't have enough artificial hormones racing through my body (FYI this month was a doosie) this all-natural herb is suppose to help balance all your baby making hormones. 
  Warning: I haven't tried this approach but I may have to make a quick little trip to my local Wally-World and try it out...I'll let you know how that goes =]
Info found at: http://www.babyhopes.com/articles/vitex.html


5. Soy Isoflavones apparently taking this soy supplement is targeted at women in menopause but according to my research, on oh-so-educating forums of course, its help some lucky ladies to OVULATE!!
  Warning: I haven't tried this YET but...I do wonder if this truly works for women or if they just get lucky that month....I also found that an answer to a question on this sight is very informative. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100424143934AAg3vdv
Info found at: http://www.justmommies.com/getting-pregnant/fertility-medications-and-natural-supplements/soy-isoflavones-natural-alternative-t

Disclaimer: I have tried a few of these "home remedies" and I'm not sure if they work or how they can effect your health. If you have the guts to, I would consult with your doctor on whether or not he recommends any of these treatments. Don't forget that the more you stress about it the less likely you are to conceive yada yada yada...like you can stop stressing in a time like this! Don't be afraid to let us know what you've tried and whether or not it works! As always ladies, remember that you're not the only one who cries until she laughs about her highly dysfunctional uterus =]

Sincerely,

Sister H

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could remember how I got to your blog, but can't.
    Anyway, what I wanted to tell you is to check out Natalie's blog, lunardreams.net. She got pregnant with her second daughter after taking soy isoflavones, it was the only thing she did to get this miraculous surprise, and her previous two pregnancies were achieved after ivf. She talks about it, you just have to go read her posts of this time last year, I think.
    Best of luck and loads of "baby dust" as they say!
    Mina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Mina! If you ever want to find us again you can usually type in "infertile sisters blog" on Google and we'll come up. We will have to take a look at her blog and definitely try the soy. I have heard that a lot of women have had success with this method and I'm looking forward to loading up on the stuff if it bring an "O" for me! Thanks for reading our blog, we hope you'll stick around =]

    Sincerely,
    Sister H

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hoping Soy Isoflavones would help me because I read MANY stories about how they worked for getting pregnant but they screwed me worse. I didn't ovulate for 5 months after taking them. I don't know if I didn't take a high enough dose or something but they didn't work for me. I thought they would because I had some definite pressure in my ovaries but nothing happened. I guess it's just not for everyone.

    And I'm gonna throw some shameless self promotion in. I recently started a TTC info blog (and also a connecting facebook page and twitter account) that gives the basics and up to date news about infertility. I'm trying to get followers to spread the word so please check it out! Thank you!

    http://tryingtoconceiveinformation.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete