Friday, July 13, 2012

Round 1 of Clomid Goes to the Infertility Monster

I waited a few days to write this post hoping my emotions would be under control. I have to say that after a few pounds of chocolate and gallons of ice cream I feel better. I just . . . I knew that I was pregnant! With out a doubt, I KNEW IT!! We followed the doctor's instructions to the T. There was even one night that I got a warm fuzzy feeling that there was an embryo developing in my uterus. I guess it just goes to show how wrong a woman's intuition can be . . . I remember when we lived in Utah and would be 5 or 6 weeks late and my boobs would hurt and I could smell everything! I also knew then that I was pregnant. Three years later I have yet to give birth. I must be an elephant. Aren't their gestation phases like 2 years??  Now there's a thought, would you rather have elephantiasis and be pregnant with twins or be super skinny forever??

So we contuine with our plan of attack. First we bulk up the linning of my uterus with the help of progesteron. Then we force an egg to develope with Clomid. Doctor will monitor the growth of the eggs with regular sonograms which will let us know when to release the men in to the battle field. This attack plan has a 30% success rate on the first round. Please, oh PLEASE let me be one of the luck 30%!!

Yours Truly,
Sister K

No comments:

Post a Comment